Old oil boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Se we have an old Boxer boiler, its reliable and quiet and heats well. I decided to repaint the cabinet and disconnected the wires to the thermostat knob and the other button on the front of the casing. I clearly didn't rewire it correctly, as the boiler wont cut off now? She turns on and fires up but doesn't seem to know shes reached the set temp. Someone? Anyone?

Sponsored Links
JyjkjHx

Excuse the mess

Sponsored Links
305-EC44-E-D302-4205-8-FF1-BB5-B903415-DC.jpg

FA433625-472-A-440-F-94-EB-AC9-ACA2-D34-F7.jpg

AAFF2-F50-9-B3-E-44-D4-BCC9-314567166-AAD.jpg

The only 2 wires I took off were from the control box (the one with the red button, its the wire going directly down in the second pic), I thought I put them back in the same terminals, where should the temperature probes go?

Update I guess one temperature probe goes in the boiler and the other outside? Seems to have fixed it?

No they both go in the same hole if one is curly like a spring it goes in first then the other one after it. Bob

Yes control and limit stat in series.If not in pocket it can't sense water temp

The one from overheat stat goes in first then the one from the boiler stat next. Bob

Makes sense, there was a lot of insulation so I didn't see where they came from, its a pretty shallow hole but the one from the overheat button is in first. Thanks guys wife due home in 15 mins, she will never know. Its clicking off now, probbaly best I told you the topper tank popped earlier :ROFLMAO:, least I have a chance to clean up. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back