Old plaster removed from brick wall - what next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I'm new to plastering and I'm currently renovating our kitchen. The wall in question had larder units made of breeze block which I've ripped out. I'm looking to make a nice level surface for the new kitchen units to go up against. I've removed the old plaster to reveal the brick below.

My question is... there is stilll some old plaster sticking to the wall - residue if you like. Should I wire brush this off or would I be ok PVA then hardwallling it?

Many thanks in advance

Mike

Sponsored Links
i would just stick plasterboards straight over the top, nice flat level surface for skimming or tiling or cabinets.

i would just stick plasterboards straight over the top, nice flat level surface for skimming or tiling or cabinets.

Thanks for your reply. Just dot and dab it? Would I use 9.5 or 12.5mm plasterboard?

Its worth mentioning that the walls are well squint. Building built in the 50's.

Many thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back