1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Old radiator pipes too wide for new towel rail

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by JLH44, 13 Oct 2019.

1. JLH44

JLH44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So, my bathroom fitter was not actually a plumber it transpired....and so he just left the bits he couldn't do. He got someone in to remove the old radiator, they capped it off (if that's the right phrase?) and fitter then laid the flooring. It didn't occur to me, bathroom installation novice, that this would be a problem, but I now have 2 pipes coming up through the floor 660mm apart, and there don't seem to be any towel radiators of that width. I need some kind of heating in the bathroom and there is nowhere else to put a radiator/heated towel thing. Can anyone suggest a way forward that doesn't involve either odd looking pipe work or pulling up the floor (which would also mean removing the skirting...!) ?? Thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Fit a 600mm wide panel radiator ,the difference would be made up by angled valves.

4. Motman

Motman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As above. A smaller radiator/towel rail with new valves and these extensions. https://www.screwfix.com/p/tesla-x-15mm-rigid-trv-extension-piece-55mm/2456R?tc=QT5&ds_kid=92700020953277933&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1bOSncuZ5QIVStreCh2alwIcEAQYBSABEgL8hfD_BwE
    You could also fit chrome look pipe covers to make it look a bit better.

Sponsored Links