1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Old radiator pipes too wide for new towel rail

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by JLH44, 13 Oct 2019.

1. JLH44

JLH44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So, my bathroom fitter was not actually a plumber it transpired....and so he just left the bits he couldn't do. He got someone in to remove the old radiator, they capped it off (if that's the right phrase?) and fitter then laid the flooring. It didn't occur to me, bathroom installation novice, that this would be a problem, but I now have 2 pipes coming up through the floor 660mm apart, and there don't seem to be any towel radiators of that width. I need some kind of heating in the bathroom and there is nowhere else to put a radiator/heated towel thing. Can anyone suggest a way forward that doesn't involve either odd looking pipe work or pulling up the floor (which would also mean removing the skirting...!) ?? Thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Fit a 600mm wide panel radiator ,the difference would be made up by angled valves.

4. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links