Old Rewireable Wylex R5 (M12?) to Wylex MCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question and thanks in advance for your help.

I want to replace my old Wylex rewireable fuses with new plug-in MCBs. I've looked over the forum and think I need to replace them with these:
Wylex MCB - for Old NN Consumer Unit
Wylex - NB 05, NB 15, NB 30

I just want to make sure these are plug-in MCBs that will fit my old plug-in rewireables. None of the photos of these show the backs. I want to make sure the plugs are the same width apart. So does anyone know if these are plug-ins and are they the correct MCBs for the old R5, R15, R30 rewireables?

I am calling them R5s from the Wylex catalogue but mine have M12 stamped on the inside. Old product number perhaps?

I have attached photos.

Thanks very very much. :)

Sponsored Links
have you bought your MCBs yet? If not, change your profile to make your email address visble, and see what happens.

"NN" is not the correct type. yours is a Wylex Standard. IIRC when Wylex brought out their new ranges to replace the old Standard, they designated then with an "N" for "New Design"

If you have been looking at these, they won't fit.

XWYNB30.JPG

You need these, or the previous model which had buttons
XWYB6.JPG

Sponsored Links
JohnD,

Thanks much. I haven't purchased the MCBs yet. I've made my email visible now. I was looking at the ones in the first photo. Any idea what the product name/number is for the ones you showed me that I do need?
Thanks again.

JohnD,

Nevermind it looks like I've found them on the TLC-direct website. They are N5,N10 etc. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

But as I understand it the part number for Wylex's plug-in MCB's are:

B6
B10
B16
B20
B32
B40

Whereas the cartridge fuses are:

C5
C15
C20
C30
C35
C40
C45

And the 3036 fuses are:

R5
R15
R20
R30

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back