Old style BT 'boxes' - can they be swapped over?

as do farnell

btw i'm sure i've seen pictures of a hardwire only bottom plate for the NTE5, but have never found anywhere selling it.

Sponsored Links
I thought Farnell and CPC are the same company? Just CPC is more local to me.

they are owned by the same company and seem to run on the same terrible website but thier stock ranges are quite different and i belive they dispatch from different places.

Afaik CPC is only dispatched from Preston in this country. I believe there to also be a CPC in Ireland now.

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
as do farnell

btw i'm sure i've seen pictures of a hardwire only bottom plate for the NTE5, but have never found anywhere selling it.

I too could very often do with the plain bottom part of the NTE5a. They are available through your friendly BT guy, but never found a source elsewhere!

Link

Spark123 - CPC's ADSL filter plate only has filtered IDC's on the rear. I prefer the type with filtered 2'3'4'5 terminals for extension phones, and unfiltered 2'5 to run a pair elsewhere to an RJ11 outlet for the computer.

You can run the 3pair as usuall (or more pairs), and use a pair for the ADSL and 2 pair for the extensions.

In a new build, when you have no idea which socket they want the ADSL, the filtered plates are a good idea. They fit a standard 25mm backbox, and have a filtered outle for the phone, and an unfiltered RJ11. You can put them everywhere instead of normal sockets. This is when I could do with the blank NTE5 plate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back