Old system on its last legs...

darkan9el said:
I want a new system.... I just want a good professional fitter who will do the job properly.
In that case why are you asking for quotes?

Do you not realise that all of the companies you ask to quote, but not do the work, are utterly wasting their time on you?

If you want a professional job done, then find one professional, engage him/her to do the job, and pay them what they ask for. You'll have a tradesperson for life and you won't be p*ss*ng off everyone else in the industry. :rolleyes:

Open question, i.e. to everyone: where TF does this nonsense about "getting quotes" come from? I wasn't taught it in school, so where do people get such a stupid idea?

As usual Soft extremely well put.

Sponsored Links
Here here.

Had a quote the other day who, once I turned up (after 4pm to suit her busy lifestyle) let slip she had already had 6 quotes.

She rejected ours because 'we had only been in business 6 years'.

And the others because they were too dear?

I think this post has gotten slightly off topic, but I understand your gripe.

I'm self employed too and do quotes for people, its how I get jobs, I'm not the cheapest but I don't rip people off, I explain why I charge the fee in a quote, they know how much they are going to pay and this is important for people so they can budget. I don't expect people to just say ok go ahead, although I have customers that do. I don't mind if people 'check me out' ask for references or to see my work. It costs me to do this but I factor that into my hourly rate. I don't mind if a professional doesn't want to give me a quote I'll go elsewhere. I'll go to someone who will make the effort to at least come and see what it is I'm asking them to do.

I think this topic has ended, thanks to everyone who has offered any solutions/options

Sponsored Links
I don`t build anything into price for quoting if i get it i get it but in all honesty get at least 95% of work i price. Usually people have already decided on me with no other quotes purely on word of mouth and i am just there to measure up and ask what they want and decide a date

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back