old timberframe bungalow repairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to make some repairs to my current home, which is a fairly old timber frame bungalow with a rendered external skin. I am looking for any advice or constructive suggestions as to how to either repair/renovate the current method of contruction or for alternative better contruction methods.
As far as I can see so far it is made of timber frames ( standard sections of softwood by the look of it) with bitumen paper tacked on as a vapour shield and externally a rendered skin supported with mesh and Tyrolean finish, the inside is finished with plasterboard... Don't see any insulation....

The problem I have is cracked rendering and internal plasterboard needs replacing - however before I start replacing it - I wondered if it is worth replacing the wall contruction with an alternative ( not brick/block however )

Any comments gratefully recieved...

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
Demolish and sell the plot.they`ll get at least 2 houses on it ;) That`s what `s been done round here........all you could do is insulate between the studs with celotex :idea: then re plasterboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back