Old towel rail - how to attach to c/h?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got one of those 1950s chrome towel rails with an iron radiator in the middle. It's still got the original pipe connectors screwed in, and I can't find anything that will let me connect them to 15mm pipe. And I can't get the connectors out.
The open end of the connector is like a union connector or the fittings you get to attach a radiator to a valve - a large nut and a flange. The nut's internal diameter is 1 1/4 inch, and the internal diameter of the flange is 3/4 inch. Is there anything that will hook up to this wierd nut and allow me to fit a normal fitting? It's a problem because I can't put the bathroom floor down until this towel rail is in.
Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
Take it to a decent plumbers merchant - they'll have someting that will fit.

Had same problem this week with an old towel rail very unusual thread on it and could not get anything to fit . Lucky enough customer worked in steel fabricators and took it into work and got it tapped out to take a 3/4 fitting. Also came across something i had never seen before the copper pipe in house was that thick all joints where cut and threaded with no solder joints at all.

Sponsored Links
post a pic and I'll tell you what to do, and what to get, and where to get it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

images
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back