Old walls in bad condition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having had the decorators point of view I thought I would give this a try.

I live in a 200 year old Georgian flat. Previously rooms have been lined and decorated and the result was not perfect but acceptable to me. Recently had my huge hallway lined and painted but poor result with major imperfections. I spent a week stripping it back to the plaster and in some places the plaster finish was shot. What type of result would I get if the hall was plaster skimmed? Would it still need lining?

I was considering a partial stripping of what has been done to get that skimmed then lined as there is really one part of the hall which seems really bad and that show these bad bits up most. Is there a per square metre rate for this type of job? I know nothing about plastering just know I have seen a Victorian house skimmed and the finish was flawless when pained and it was not lined. I was also worried if hairline cracks would appear if it was not lined.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back