Older underfloor heating and new bi-folds.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all we have an extension on our house that was done about 10-12 years ago before we bought it. We recently knocked the 2 sets of windows out and installed bi-folds. I know I need to put some leveling compound down to get up to the existing floor height before we lay new flooring. but I'm not sure what to do with the now exposed foam and vapour barrier for the underfloor heating.
Should I just remove some of the foam 1" or 2" and then just fill with the leveling compound or should I fill the gap with something else? What's the best method of dealing with this. Any help appreciated!
20230316_153836.jpg

Sponsored Links
The foam was put in as perimeter protection to stop the heat leaching out the side and travelling up the wall.
Should also stop the plaster cracking.
I would remove as much as you can then use 2 part self leveller. But remember to not come up too high as you need say 5/8mm for adhesive and then your tile thickness. Or you could put in say a piece of thin oak or timber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back