Oldest TV aerials

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just happened to spot from the top of a double decker a couple of days ago, a sad looking 10111 405 line antenna pointing groundwards, along with a X 405 line BBC antenna. They were on the rear of a single storey shop, with a two storey built since the end of 405 behind it. Even when 405 was active, I doubt the reception was that good, because just across the road and LOS was an 1850's 3 storey building.

Sponsored Links
I've just been down to the village shop (a local shop for local people). The house next door to it still has the old 405 line aerial on top...

I can just about remember us having a gold coloured alloy rod, indoor antenna. The rod in two sections screwed together, with a wire ground-plain, at the base. It hid behind the curtains, at the side of the window. It was a constant endless job to tweak it to get reception.

Sponsored Links
steve pemberton brain the size off a planet --- ooohhh sorry wrong connection :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back