Olive oil again

It's worth spending some time reading about oils. Certain oils can become very unhealthy if overheated during cooking - I mean carsinogenic unhealthy. Well, any oil can really but some can be safely heated to higher temps than others, rapeseed being one of the highest. Rapeseed is probably the safest of all oils. I've read some people saying you shouldn't cook with olive oil because of this but it's a bit of nonsense really, you just have to be careful not to overheat it. I definitely wouldn't cook with any cheap oil.
One of the reasons i prefer to use Sesame oil is the high heat you can maintain during cooking: try 'Kadoyama' toasted sesame oil. The colour and taste is superb.(y)

Sponsored Links
One of the reasons i prefer to use Sesame oil is the high heat you can maintain during cooking: try 'Kadoyama' toasted sesame oil. The colour and taste is superb.(y)

What sort of dishes? Just oriental ones? I've always thought it had a very strong and distinctive flavour which wouldn't go with most things.

What sort of dishes? Just oriental ones? I've always thought it had a very strong and distinctive flavour which wouldn't go with most things.
You can use it with most things, really; maybe not fish, though. Sesame isn't just for stir-fry's:mrgreen: I don't eat red meat any more so it's a fine thing to use with chicken, for me.

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about watches, but something I've occasionally wondered is, going back a few/many decades, did it used to be the case that expensive watches cost a lot because they were functionally superior e.g. did they keep better time? Or has it always been about the design/male jewellery/investment side of things?
Cartier watches have always been considered a species of jewellery. Generally, expensive watches are a fashion accessory.

I was interested to hear that in the case of quartz watches, the finest crystals (with the most precisely accurate frequency) are selected for expensive watches. Cheap quartz watches are pretty good, compared to clockwork, but there is more variation.

Our fats are:

Lard for general frying
Beef dripping in the deep fat fryer
Regular olive oil for continental style dishes and curries
Groundnut oil for very high temperature frying
Extra virgin olive oil for salads etc.
Sesame oil for oriental dishes, but not for the actual frying, just a few drops towards the end

Plus lots and lots of butter; on bread, toast, potatoes

Our fats are:

Lard for general frying
Beef dripping in the deep fat fryer
Regular olive oil for continental style dishes and curries
Groundnut oil for very high temperature frying
Extra virgin olive oil for salads etc.
Sesame oil for oriental dishes, but not for the actual frying, just a few drops towards the end

Plus lots and lots of butter; on bread, toast, potatoes
Well it's been nice knowing you while you've been around so far.

Check your will's up to date.

Well it's been nice knowing you while you've been around so far.

Check your will's up to date.

:LOL: Thank you. Funnily enough, I am in the process of drafting a new Will.

Just got my blood results back. Cholesterol steady at 4.6, same as five years ago. It actually improved, previously, when I started eating more meat and animal fat.

My Vitamin D is now back in the normal range. It was really low, so I went a bit mad with the supplements and I ended up with a level three times the recommended maximum.

Sponsored Links
Back