watse of money

• yes it is

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • no its not

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Yes, a waste of money. As noted in the other thread, I don't believe that taxpayers' money should be funding sport, period.

Besides, the government keeps telling us that it can't afford hospitals, road repairs, proper weekly refuse collections, and so on. So how come it has millions to spend on a load of games?

By all means promote health and competition. But they are amateurs, let them do as they do now secure sponcership and get rich after a few seasons ( well a few seem to do now).
We have sports centres, the new ones will not be here in 5 years.
Look at tennis and the few billion spent, first hand i watched certain centres use the fundings for private memberships NOT grass roots.
Sport is as corrupt as the ministers and government.

Waste of timemoney and effort and as posted before it will cost industry more than it gains, unless you sell dodgy t shirts from the far east.

Sponsored Links
It isn't the amount of money spent on it that bothers me.

It's knowing what a complete an utter balls up we're going to make of it.

London transport can't cope as it stands now, let alone with the influx of 100's of thousands of added foreigners.

As for the opening and closing ceremonies.....
We can't even get new years eve fireworks to look anything but p*ss poor FFS.

Agree completely with most comments so far. Utter waste of money. Self employed, British,,, Carpenters.joiners. electricians, plumbers etc ,,,, can't get jobs building the Olympic Stadium... Simply because they don't speak an Eastern European language.
What was it New Labour told us when we won the right to host the Olympics???

Ohh yes,, British jobs for British workers.... Yet another lie by Tony Bliar and his sidekick,,, Loser Brown... ;) ;) ;)

I've nothing against the Olympics themselves - it's hard to find much that's bad about sport, even when it's corrupted by money - but why do the games have to be in a different place every time? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Let's have a purpose-built stadium in Greece, which is where it started, and just keep using it. :idea: :idea: :idea:

And while we're at it, wouldn't it be nice if the only flag allowed was the Olympic flag. How many times do we here something like "The US got gold but we could only manage bronze!" Then there's the inevitable league tables -- "We got more than you did!" Countries don't win medals; athletes do. :mad: :mad: :mad:

We are cutting our armed forces, hospital staff, police we have no aircraft carriers, and we are now wasting money on a sports event, like we are not overloaded with sports programs already.

Waste of money. Same as Manchester a few years ago, have all these new sports sites, in the poorest of areas, that are not used.

Although, I'm unsure of what a watse is?

Sponsored Links
Back