On a building site yesterday

Initially it was the site of a public opening ceremony.

But since a bloke came along and set up his electric drill, it became a building site.
I don't quite understand this comment as the title of the thread clearly states its a building site and this was my opening comment

I was on site yesterday doing the PA system for the official opening of a new building,

Ok its factually incorrect as not all of the building is new.

However it still is a building site and yes it was the official opening ceremony.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this from 13 years ago.

Last week I did some work with another person, We installed some 6 lengths of 100mm tray hanging on M8 studding, 4 lengths of 50x50mm trunking, 7 lengths of 25mm conduit, 6 metal adaptable boxes and various signal cables. On the first day I happened to mention I'd only had to purchase 2 adaptable boxes and conduit saddles, everything else using up 'leftovers'. In other words helping nicely with my attempt to clear out now that I claim to have retired and making it a very well paying job.

The second day I'd remembered, and described, where the set of steps, 5 (yellow) extension leads and splitter had come from.

I'd quite forgotten how tiring it is working for my living. On the way home we stopped off to eat and raised a glass to a 'job well done' and again for 'waste not want not'.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Am I the only one who finds webites that don't list prices and therefore mean I have to contact them before I know if their prices are even in the ballpark of what I consider reasonable a serious turn-off for dealing with a company?
You are not alone. The same as when you go to a merchant and any discount is at the whim of the bod behind the kkeyboard till. At least with screwfix etc you know exactly what you will end up paying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back