On my bike

Sponsored Links
Once upon a time in a land far far away i was a school boy and my chosen sport was bike racing, if memory serves me correctly my best times for the 10mile time trial was 18mins 30secs, and 56mins something for the 25mile.

So we'll "smoke you a kipper", and you can be home for dinner. :D

Crikey Pred. I think I can safely say that I wont be beating your times! I did 10.84miles last week on my lunch hour and it took me 55mins (although my mitigating circumstances are that there was snow on the ground, I was slowed down by traffic and negotiating junctions, more than a mile was on very rough off-road terrain and the first 2miles were up a pretty steep hill - but I don't think i'd do 10miles in sub 20mins even if I were going downhill!!!)

So what kind of bike and what kind of route were you cracking those times out on? Was it track time trials? Not sure I could cope cycling round in circles!!

When we do this, i'll be pleased to arrive at the North Sea still alive and able to walk - how long it's taken wont matter one bit to me (provided we get there before dark of course...)

I must admit it was in the late 60s and i was a teenager, my dad got posted to Singapore for 3yrs, happy days, as far as i can remember there were no hills to write home about and not much snow on the ground either :LOL: i had two bikes, a Viking road and a Coppi track both dripping with Campagnolo, it really was that cheap out there.

My claim to fame being i was the first European to win a medal at a newly constructed track and the then PM Lee Quan Yu shook my hand and presented me with a small cup for finishing 3rd along with an ornamental GET THIS cigarette tray on a wooden stand :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Our route will give us over 4,000 ft of uphill to contend with, although, most of that is within the first 20miles - the joys of living, and starting this ride, in the Peak District!! I think some of my fellow cyclists are starting to get cold feet now they've heard how far it is... got some persuading to do now!

Back