one alarm sounder randomly going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
I've got a texecom premier elite 24 with a pair of pyronix deltabell plus sounders. Today one of them (the rear which has longest cable run from panel) started to go off, no sound from the front one, or any indication on the alarm panel of tamper, or any fault.

I expect this is related to the MASSIVE downpour and lightning we've had for past hour or so.

Is there anything I can do to shut it up? Is there an easy way to cut power to the sounder in such a way it will just run flat and I can look at that when it's not torrential?

Should I be replacing the battery in the sounder? It's 3.5 years old, and if so, where can I get a battery?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Hoping I can sort it out myself without an expensive weekend alarm engineer callout

Sponsored Links
surely the sounder should be telling the panel that tamper is open? When it's dry I think I'll need to get up a ladder and take a look i guess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back