one end of the filling loop is so small for pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One end if my new filing loop is to small, 15mm is there a extra part i can buy to fit it on to the pipe? also it will need to be able to attach its self as for some reason the little ring bit that is on the other pipe to hold the filling loop in place is not on the bigger pipe.

Sponsored Links
A picture speaks a thousand words, I think that is what we need In order to help you.

Sponsored Links
What you are trying to connect to is a washing machine tap.

Is there not another tap similar to the one on the other end of
of your filling loop?

If not and the blue tap is not being used then replace it with
the correct type.

That looks like a washing machine valve which is 3/4 inch and your filling loop is 1/2 inch ?
Get rid of it and put a 15mm compression tee,a short piece of copper and then your filling loop will fit onto that.

no there is not another tap any where near the boiler. the boiler is up stairs and washing machine is down stair.
do i need a plumber to come and change the part to the right part? there is not a quick fix is there? and also do you know how much this might cost?.

no there is not another tap any where near the boiler. the boiler is up stairs and washing machine is down stair.
do i need a plumber to come and change the part to the right part? there is not a quick fix is there? and also do you know how much this might cost?.

costs ?
DIY -- £2
Plumber £ Lots more .

Quick-fix: 3/4" x 1/2" reduced brass socket with PTFE tape or - preferably - Loctite 55.

and at the risk of sound like a complete woman, where do i buy al these bits or even better could you paste a link for me.

sorry if i'm being thick, but where is the existing filling loop connected to ? how has your boiler been working if you don't already have a filling loop ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back