one end of the filling loop is so small for pipe

No, Mrs.W - a pipe insert is a strengthener when plastic water pipe is being used......you need a short length (50mm or less) length of ordinary 15mm copper pipe.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Try to find a new husband when you visit B&Q.

One from the plumbing section could be particularly useful!

Mrs walker.
I am in BRizzle on April 16th-18th April for a wedding at Arnos Manor on the Bath rd so if your still not sorted i will do it free for you.
It's my home city:cool: Thats why my signature below is what it is.

Sponsored Links
you need a short length (50mm or less) length of ordinary 15mm copper pipe.
Which B&Q will most definitely not sell you.
Try a local plumbers merchant who will probably have a damaged length he'll cut you a piece from. He'll also have the 15mm tee.

hi me again, i have dont everything you said, and i have manage to fill the boiler up and the heating is on. but now the right hand side is dripping is this just because it is not tight enough or have i gone drasticaly wrong? i've added a picture to my album of what i have done.

That looks like a pretty good job to me.....now we need to see where the leak is actually from.
It could be that the hand turn nut at the end of the filling loop isn't tight enough, or maybe the nut connection needs nipping up.
The work with the tee piece is fine and you should be chuffed with that!

i alrady fix it john, it was a little lose but its all done now and i have hot water and heating. Thank you for all your help. WELL DONE ME

Yep - well done you indeed :D
I've seen plenty of work where the DIYer thought they had done well.....flexy pipes with kinks and twists, couplings covered with plier marks etc!
A small tip if you decide to get stuck in again.....a proper pipe slice is a great tool, polish the pipe with steel wool if its dirty and use copper olives....which compress more easily than brass ones - a boon in a confined space.
Many congrats!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back