One for the Baxi boys.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Platinum 33HE with intermittant E131 code.

Code not in the destructions.

It is under Warrenty ( I installed new system about 3 weeks ago) but the house is currently empty and being renovated so someone is not always there to let anyone in. I will get heat team out soon but just curious as to what E131 is.

Installed over 90 Duotec/Platinums and this is the first issue ive come across in 18 months.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have had this once and it turned out to be a fault with the power supply coming into the boiler. Although when it did happen to me i was also getting other fault codes too

never seen this. If it does relate to electrical supply may be worthwhile wiring a flying lead and linking out external controls. Still check flying lead for correct polarity etc

e131 is a fault code that means loss of power to appliance, can be caused intermitantly after e125 lockout, or by powering off from fused spur or power cuts.

hope this helps.

can also be caused by a software issue on pcb...

• Thanks
Reactions: DH6
Sponsored Links
e131 is a fault code that means loss of power to appliance, can be caused intermitantly after e125 lockout, or by powering off from fused spur or power cuts.

hope this helps.

can also be caused by a software issue on pcb...

Hi, I have just had this same problem. I switched my baxi platinum boiler off on the panel because I needed to turn off the electricity supply to the house. The boiler had been firing the central heating before I switched it off. Before actually turning the off switch, I turned down the temperature dials to the lowest setting and the flame light went out. I then waited about 60 seconds for the heat to get out of the system before turning the dial to off. When I switched it back on 2 hours later, I got E125. I switched it off and on again and got E131. Have I destroyed the boiler? How long do you need to wait after the flame is out to power down safely?

What do I do to fix this? Does the BAXI platinum combi HE have a reset button? if so where?

Could it be that the condense did not have time to drain before I powered down?

It seems crazy that powering off can break a boiler. Please help..Thanks

Answer

The problem was that I didn't let it cool down long enough before disconnecting the power. The residual heat in the heat exchanger caused the water that was no longer being pumped to exceed the maximum permitted temperature and trigger the fault condition. E125 means water temp exceeded twice in 2 hours. E131 occurs when you try to operate the boiler in E125 condition.

The reset is done by holding the power dial anti clockwise for 5 seconds and then let go. This has brought everything back to life :)

Perhaps BAXI should design their boilers with a safety shutdown so that if you turn it off from the front panel some LEDs flash while it takes a few minutes to expel excess heat before disconnecting the mains power (much like windows shut down). Or at least it should warn you in the instruction not to suddenly turn off the power without letting things cool down first.

Call me cynical but maybe they get more call outs with it designed the way it is?

• Thanks
Reactions: DH6

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back