One radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope you can help.

I have one radiator that won't heat up. After watching a few YouTube vids I've already tried a few things.

I've booked the radiator though only a little air came out. I've checked the TRV pin which is ok.

I'm now looking at the Lockshield valve which I can't get to turn. All the videos I've seen show a valve that looks like the head of a flathead screwdriver. The one I have is a tube with two of the outer edges flattened off.

Is there a specific tool/key I need for this?

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_153544.jpg
    IMG_20200518_153544.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20200518_153532.jpg
    IMG_20200518_153532.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 163
Sponsored Links
Spanner across the two flats ,turn anti clockwise to open the valve. If it will not turn , it may be fully open.

Adjustable spanner across the flats (y) or if you are a plumber who should know better pipe grips:whistle:!

Ha, I'm not a plumber.

Got it open, a bit wd40 did the trick of loosening it up.

Didn't help though unfortunately.

The pipes both leading in and out of the radiator remain cold even when the heating is on though I can hear something happening... Little clicks and a slight hum... Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Has the rad ever worked ?
Turn all other rads off at their TRV ,and see if this one heats up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back