One warm radiator the rest are hot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

We recently had new radiators installed whilst having our house gutted. The builders said they had serviced the boiler.

We blocked up our through lounge leaving a huge double bay radiator in a small room so was expecting to turn it to low once the cold weather started.

Anyway its only warm, on the right hand side the pipe leading up is roasting hot. On the other side there is a TRV which as I said is on the highest setting. I have bled the radiator but it was fine.

Should I try and turn the lockshield a little on the left to see if it makes a difference. Im just a bit scared so thought I'd check with you guys first.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated ;)!

Sponsored Links
Sorry explained that wrong!!

Should have said the lock sheild is on the left where the pipe leading up is hot. The TRV is on the other side where the pipe leading up is cold!!

Lockshield is the flow by the sound of that. Check to see if there is an arrow on the TRV, it should be pointing in the direction of water flow. Also remove the TRV head, check the pin is free, sometimes they stick shut which will prevent the water from flowing through the rad. If both of these ok then try opening the lockshield a bit more, dont go mad or it may affect the balance of the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back