One way road or not??

What about those 'no entry' roads you often see in city centres? Are you sure you can walk along them while browsing the shops? I always avoided them and went to out-of-town shopping malls just to be sure. I can't believe road signs are just for vehicles. And don't get me started on trying to get back to the train station on the one way streets - often you can see it but the detour you need to walk is rediculous!

Sponsored Links
Saw a first tonight...

A motorcyclist who hadn't put his lights on. At seven pm.
Given that the road he was coming down has no houses or side roads on or off it, he had probably done a mile or so like that. Unless he just switched them off for my benefit:D

On the subject of motorcycles why is it that, despite invariably having smaller engines than cars, motorcycles always sound much louder?

Sponsored Links
Coz they are revved higher?
I doubt it. They sound louder even when ticking over.

I can only assume it's because the silencers are less effective in order to:
- save weight?
- take up less space?
- make it sound more 'impressive' to other people? :rolleyes:

Coz they are revved higher?
I doubt it. They sound louder even when ticking over.

I can only assume it's because the silencers are less effective in order to:
- save weight?
- take up less space?
- make it sound more 'impressive' to other people? :rolleyes:

Bikes are usually in a higher state of tune than most cars. BHP per litre is often high. Big performance needs big air hence less restrictive silencers. After market parts are also really popular on bikes and nobody wants a more restrictive can. Weight is also a factor, as is sounding impressive. Plus car drivers often judge the comfort by how quiet a car is, bikers like a bit of noise.

Saw a first tonight...

A motorcyclist who hadn't put his lights on. At seven pm.
Given that the road he was coming down has no houses or side roads on or off it, he had probably done a mile or so like that. Unless he just switched them off for my benefit:D
He may not have had lights, some bikes have daytime mots which does away with the need.
This is favoured by those that have bought an insurance write off/accident damaged etc.

There again he may have forgotten to put them on. A rare occurrence as you note.

Sponsored Links
Back