Only when it comes to bite them do they realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...alsely-accused-tory-mp-attacks-legal-aid-cuts

The former Commons deputy speaker Nigel Evans, who spent his life savings defending himself against false accusations of rape and sexual abuse, has said he would now vote against the legal aid cuts brought in by the Conservative-led coalition.

His call to restore funding to its pre-2012 level comes as other prominent Conservative MPs including Bob Neill, the chair of the Commons justice select committee, say the savings were excessive and may have displaced costs on to other departments.

“If I had my time again I would stand up and argue against the implementation of Laspo,” said Evans, a former shadow secretary of state for Wales. “It’s wrong, completely wrong, to remove people’s right to have expert legal representation, and now I’ve gone through it I can see that clearly. We’re definitely talking about justice being denied as a result of Laspo.

Expect the same to happen with the cuts to Education and Healthcare. The costs will be seen down the line and then to fix them will require more money than if they had a sensible approach to investing.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/dec/27/secret-barrister-legal-aid-the-rule-law-cuts

Sponsored Links
It needed reform, but they went too far. Better IMO to reform the court processes so that many more cases could be heard without expensive expertise. Divorce for example should rarely be funded by legal aid.

I wonder if he will now change his views on cuts to Education, Health, Police etc. It shows as a Politician he will happily inflict misery on others until that same misery is inflicted on him.

Also they, and others, need to realise that "the end of austerity" is not stopping making even more cuts, it is the restoration of all the things which were cut in the past - benefits restored, legal aid restored, libraries reopened, schools repaired... The list goes on and on.

Sponsored Links
I'm willing to pay a fair wedge of tax, for the benefit of living in a decent society. Are you?

A person or corporation that seeks to benefit from living or operating in our country while not contributing, is a parasite.

TaxesCivilisation.jpg

When Philip Green's mansion is aflame, or Facebook's London office, let them call the fire service in Monaco or Dublin.

Not the one I help pay for.

Last edited:
£5K more, £10K more, £50k more?

Given the footfall of my local Library, I think its time it was multi-function.

Several billion would help a lot. Remember when we found out

TaxAvoidance.jpg

It's time we had a government that was as tough on the rich as it is on the poor. Or as generous. Either would do.

Benefits1.jpg
Public spending generosity? Or playing the system?

Benefits.jpg

who paid for your house?

these are not the latest.

I did nothing wrong, it is all allowed by the rules

Crooks.jpg

Can anyone guess who makes the rules?

Civilised people who want to live in a civilised, caring society.

Hands up all those who are uncivilised, and want to live in an uncivilised and heartless society.
Sadly the UK can't be classed as a 'civilised, caring society'...

Even sadder is that a large percentage of the UK population don't understand that, or don't even care...

Which is why the few will always be p issing themselves laughing at how easy it is to fleece the gullible!

I'm willing to pay a fair wedge of tax, for the benefit of living in a decent society. Are you?

A person or corporation that seeks to benefit from living or operating in our country while not contributing, is a parasite.
plus_one.gif

They want roads and other transport infrastructures to move their goods and materials, and to allow their employees to get to work and their customers to access their commercial goods.
They want their employees to be able to read, and write etc.
They want their employees to be treated and cared for promptly and properly when ill or injured so that they can return to work.
They want a police force and a judicial system to stop people just kicking down their doors and helping themselves to their property.
They want a fire service to come to their assistance if their property catches fire.

They just don't think that they should be the ones to pay for all these things which allow them to effectively run their businesses.

When Philip Green's mansion is aflame, or Facebook's London office, let them call the fire service in Monaco or Dublin.

Not the one I help pay for.
whssign.gif

Very nice posters and yes those companies should pay more, assuming they won't - again - how much more are you willing to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back