Ooops - lost the wire down the back of built in Zanussi oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post... Guess what, I'm in trouble!

While attempting to replace the element on our built in Zanussi ZBF865X fan oven, I accidentally let one of the wires that connect the element slip back through the little hole into the back of the oven.

I've tried to hook it and pull it back through but all to no avail.

So I reckon that I need to get the back panel off somehow so I can get the wire and then hook it all back into place.

The only problem is, I can't see which fixing screws I need to take out to remove the back panel. Do I have to take the whole unit out? What is the easiest way to get in to fish out the wire?

Sponsored Links
If you are going to change an element you need to take it out anyway. So you may as well bite the bullet.

Well it's all back in one piece and appears to be working - Pizzas for tea.

If anyone has the same issue, there are 13 screws that hold the unit in place; 4 at sides of bottom oven, 4 at sides of top oven and 5 at the top edge of the top oven).

Oh and there was only the the one panel (that covers the fan) to take off at the back to get to where the element wires feed through to the front.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back