Oven problem help! Thin wire thing at back of top oven - I broke it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a zanussi built under double oven, yesterday when I was cleaning the top oven/grill I managed to snap a thin wire thing at the back of the oven. I don't know how else to describe it except it's a thin bit of wire right at the back top of the oven - it doesn't seem to be attached to the element -.the oven still works but how important is this bit? What's is it there for ? Do I need to replace it? I'm guessing it's not just decoration - I've looked through the manual - no mention of it. Does it make the oven/grill dangerous ? Sorry if stupid question but I'm going away on Monday & have a house sitter don't want to risk electrocuting the girl - she seems like a very nice young woman. Any help most appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it a very small pipe ? If it is a small pipe then almost certainly it is part of a thermostat and thus temperature control of some part of the oven / grill will no longer work properly.

I think we need a picture of this one.....it maybe just a spring clip that holds the element in place or possibly from a thermostat.
It's unlikely for it to be a 'normal' wire due to the heat in there.
Maybe Zanussi have a help line? Best to be absolutely sure!
John :)

Sounds like you've broken the thermostat. Here's a link to one (not necessarily from your particular oven), notice the thin wire looking thing...

http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/...ostat-p51934?gclid=CJ7f0t7do88CFYUy0wodVbEAFA

With a broken one the oven won't know whether it's reached temperature or not, therefore it might either not heat up at all, or not stop heating up, and either way it needs repaired.

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg
Hi I think it is a thermostat - looking at spare part web pages & I had a closer look I'm not sure anything has snapped off - if you look at pics - it is held / is hanging down from a very thin it of wire on the right side , I don't think anything was on the left end - nothing seems to be broken, but there is a screw hole/small plate with screw hole right in the middle, when I look right under the element ( where its fixed to the back of the oven ) there appears to be a hole for ? A screw there- maybe I've just knocked a screw out & that's why it's hanging down. Sorry pics but hard to see - but any other help most appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 1,574
Sorry oven very shiny hard to see another pic below

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 386
The thin capillary appears to still be attached to the probe so should be ok,nothing is on the other end of the probe,probably just came unclipped from the clips.Try the oven on a low setting and see if the thermostat light goes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back