Neff U1422 oven grill tripping RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Neff U1422N0GB/02 oven, and when trying to use the grill, the RCD keeps tripping

The top oven was used with the oven function over Christmas (we rarely use the top oven as an oven, just as a grill), and the problem has occurred ever since then.

Have done the following troubleshooting:

- the main oven continues to work fine
- the top oven works fine using the oven function
- only when the grill is selected, the RCD trips after a few minutes when the element starts to get up to temperature. It does start to get hot, but that's when it fails, the light goes off and the RCD trips

I tried putting the top oven on for 30 mins or so in case it was a matter of 'burning off' anything that might be stuck on the element, but that didn't help.

Any ideas please of things I could try to resolve? Seems strange this started happening since we used the top section as an oven over Christmas!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Maybe it was a fault occurring with the element that the oven has helped along?

Sponsored Links
Likely, the grill element, beginning to fail. They are not expensive, nor too difficult to source and replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back