Oven tripping rccd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a neff double oven but when I turn the main oven or grill on it trips the rccd, the second oven (top) still works tho. Can any1 help?

Sponsored Links
Could be a number of things. Mine tripped the RCD I then switched it back on and the oven continued to work but would not get up to the right heat and the thermostat light always stayed on to indicate it was heating but not getting hot. I bought a new thermostat and element watched a video on YouTube and replaced myself in less than an hour all has been good since.

usually it's the oven element that has aged and absorbed moisture, causing earth leakage when switched on.

It might also be caused by clumsy cleaning sloshing water around.

Sometimes if you can get the oven warm it will dry out and work for a bit.

In many cases element replacement is fairly simple. They plug in to a sort of socket connector.

If you remove the existing element and the fault goes away, that's probably the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back