Ooopsie!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20220729_134852_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Someone a bit heavy handed or have the runners been lubricated?

Sponsored Links
Someone a bit heavy handed or have the runners been lubricated?
Following the same height as a previous hole, I drilled a new hole for a lock.

Obviously, I caught the sealed unit with the drill bit.

Gave me a hell of a shock and as we stood looking at it, we could hear it continuing to crack and see them appear too.

Now trying to find someone to do a replacement door reasonably quickly.

They can go with a bang when they go but thankfully don't seem to 'explode' outwards.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
At first look I was a bit scared of that tree in the yard :)

Done a load of research.

Yes, I could get a second hand door, but it would have to be local. The postage is silly money.

I spoke to someone who repairs old DG and he said he doesn't touch anything that old and neither does he know anyone who does. I did find a trade supplier who could supply a replacement sliding door at an exorbitant rate, so I decided to bite the bullet and get a new modern door.

My first idea was to look at Screwfix. But the door I wanted was only in grey not white and the reviews were not brilliant. Plus, I couldn't find a fitter who was FENSA.

Next I went to a local firm who wanted the best part of 25 hundred for a 6 foot wide patio door.

Finally, I went with a Which? trusted trader for 16 hundred.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back