Open Fire Back Boiler

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I have moved into a house a few months back that has a Firemaster High Output back boiler with a draught damper at top of it.

I also have oil central heating and one pump services the 2.

About 3 weeks ago I had fire lit and water started boiling with rumbling noises coming from want cylinder in hot press so I pulled draught damper towards me and switched pump on, all stopped and radiators heated.

I still don't really know how it works as I have lit the fire since but it has never heated the water cylinder again what am I doing wrong?

Any ideas, thanks

Sponsored Links
I have just checked the pipe running from top of back boiler across loft and down into cylinder and as fire has now died down pipe is warm the whole way to cylinder in hotpress.

Oil fired heating and immersion heats cylinder but the back boiler isn't???

Needs checking out by someone who knows what he is doing.Worst case,the bb is somehow capped off and bit of a timebomb.

the BB did heat the water so don't think its capped off or I maybe wrong!!

it still heats the radiators though when pump is on!!

Sponsored Links
Lit fire tonight and pipe running to hot water cylinder was very hot (could hold hand on it for only a few seconds) but cylinder was luke warm, then I open damper switched on pump and radiators heated up.

After a while hot water cylinder heated up a bit but not much.

So I have closed the damper again, turned pump off and put another fire on to see if cylinder heats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back