open vent system expansion pipe configuration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re-siting my boiler and the existing expansion pipe is no longer directly vertical above the flow and pump . What is the minimum vertical length of pipe I can get away with before a horizontal section to connect with the existing vertical pipe?

Sponsored Links
I am re-siting my boiler and the existing expansion pipe is no longer directly vertical above the flow and pump

It doesn't have to be, no strict rules about pipe lengths. You'll see all sorts of different layouts if you search for open vent images.

So if tee about 150mm and then run the expansion pipe horizontally for say1000mm before connecting to the vertical pipe to the tank that will be OK?

Sponsored Links
Excellent advice. On those numbers I could manage a 45 degree slope which would make for easy pipework. :)

Thank you so much.

The pipe coming out of my indirect vented cylinder comes out vertically and then runs horizontally i.e. 90 degrees from the verical for a foot before rising straight up verically to the vent. Should it slope up slightly or will a short run of horizontal cause me no real issue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back