Opening up a Fire Place. Ideas and Advice needed! (w/ Pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been skimming through the forums here for the past month or so, and felt it was time to make an account and maybe post, so here goes...

Me and my partner have recently purchased a 3 bedroom Victorian Terrace house, and are renovating it to sell on.

The House has some lovely features, all of which we are trying to keep and make the most of.

Having looked at a few similar houses that are on the market in our area, we noticed that the nicer ones had fireplaces in the main bedroom and the lounge.

In our house, the original one is open in the lounge, but it was boarded over in the Main Bedroom (..and the dining room and 2nd bed, but we wont go into that right now..). My plan is to open it up and make a feature of it.

Here is where we need your help (please)...

The Fireplace isn't centred. Can You guys give us ideas of what to do with it? Examples and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

The Pics Below show how it was, and where we are so far (not very far, literally just took the plaster off to uncover it)

598676032.jpg

598676361.jpg

So.. what are your guys thoughts?

Any lightly detailed step by step of what we need to do would be great.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
This is a favourite of both of ours, and we are likely to go for this kind of thing...

2-27-08fireplace1.jpg

Will it be much work to go from where we are no to this final product?

What steps shall we take?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back