Opinions Please - GSH System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

Need a new system, please give me your opiniones please, small 2 bedroom flat, electric shower, 4 rads + 1 towll rail)

Company A - Worchester 24 boiler + fitting £4030
Company B - Vokera 24i boiler + 2 replacement rads + fitting £1750 (reccomended to me as he has done work for the company my father works for)
Company C - Vokera 24i boiler + 2 replacement rads + fitting £1475 (two guys seemed very young)
Company D - Vokera 24i boiler + 4 rads + new pipework + fitting £1500 (guy wont come out to have a look as hes done loads of these and theyll be a doddle)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I bet company A is British Gas.

But they can some how install boilers and make them safer.

If company B was recommended to you than what possible weight will the opinion of complete stangers on the web hold?

cos i trust peoples opinions, this is a good forum and if i have enough opinions then ill go for that option...

Sponsored Links
What about the opinion of whoever recommended B? Only you know who the others are. Lets say that £4k for a combination p*sspot (no offence Worcester yours are as good as any) is a tad on the high side.

Well it all depends how you look at it.British gas might give you some sort of after care,although the quoted price is still atrocious.
Option B C and D could be as good as each other although if no one has recommended C or D then how did you hear about them?Although C might be young people,this can sometimes work the other way as they are eager to prover themselves and do a good job.D seems to be confident enough to not even need to look at it which could show experience or sheer laziness.I would go for B or C,although C seems to be slightly cheaper and 2 guys could be quicker than one.yup, B or C definetley!!!

Harry

I do have to say that surely it is pretty obvious that if you want to get competitive quotes then they must be for exactly the same system.

I would also question is a 24 kW boiler is really going to be totally adequate. If its a one person one bedrom flat then perhaps!

Tony

I am all for option B put chuck another hundred or two quid in the pot and get a higher output boiler.
Throw another ton at it and have either a Fernox boiler buddy or Magnaclean fitted.
Ask questions about part L compliance [TRV's and Roomstat] and registering of the work through corgi.
Also ask about what chemicals will be used to flush the system and what inhibitor will be used. The make of the chemicals is irrelevant really just so long as they are used.

G S H ........lonely hearts ad. Good Sense of Humour :LOL:

Have you visited people who've had installations fitted by each of these companies? Are the customers satisfied with the installation, workmanship, attitude, after-sales service if any? Was the old system properly cleaned before the new boiler was stuck in?

These are the things that will make a lot more difference to your life than a couple of hundred one way or another on the price.

It sounds to me like "B" is the only one you have some reassurance of quality for. If they have been repeatedly used by a sensible business they are unlikely to be doing shoddy work or refusing to deal with problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back