Opinions please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just reflooring my bathroom and it turns out the 4.5mm floor has sadly given it too much for my flexi leads to the sink so I am going to have to change them.

If I am doing that, I am thinking of getting a new sink because the way it was plumbed was awful - bare pipework at the back ruins it.

I was wondering:

- I’d like to get a new pedestal, it’s 26cm back to the wall from the front but I don’t see any that size.

- if I DO find and buy a pedestal which is deep enough to cover it, what are the odds it will fit my sink? All it says is “WOM01” and I can’t find anything on google.

- If I buy a new unit that covers it, I will have to do a new waste I presume, which I wouldn’t be sure of doing DIY....is it easy?

- am I better off calling my plumber and getting him to re plumb the pipes and just keep my existing unit.

or

is there a nifty way I could insert something at the back of the pedestal to hide the pipes? I can’t see anything home made looking any good

thoughts are welcome. The floor isn’t fully laid yet so I have time to change it. It’s only vinyl plank so not glued in.

sorry for such a long post but I defer to your wisdom!

Attachments

• 9A43117D-DEF9-4EF1-969A-D725C872DCE7.jpeg
    9A43117D-DEF9-4EF1-969A-D725C872DCE7.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
Better pic

Attachments

• D8B9CFC2-807A-447A-9BF1-3C57CC8D7A12.jpeg
    D8B9CFC2-807A-447A-9BF1-3C57CC8D7A12.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 152
Sponsored Links
Two small frames (one per side) made up from 2 x 1in PSE softwood. 12mm MR-MDF to clad frames. Fill pin holes/screw heads, dand, prime - then paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back