Opti-mix super concentrate mortar plasticiser mix with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a advise on above topic. I am repairing a garden wall about 20 bricks I have purchased the concentrate 250 Ml Need to be accurate now what is the mix per say litre of water to the ml of mix - the diagram shows 5 to 10 ml to 10 ltrs of water Please confirm is this the ideal mix. I have already purchased a 40 kilo bag of ready mix - many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Does the readymix mortar not already have plasticiser in it?

If youre sure it doesnt, put 5 ml of your plasticiser in a litre of water and mix it with the bagged mix according to the manufacturer instructions. add more water as required to get the mortar to the specified consistency, and mix the whole lot well

you dont need to worry about accuracy of plasticiser to water, and i can't even believe that the packet makes a big deal of how much water to mix it with, as builders more often related plasticiser amounts with cement amounts - 5 ml of the sika plasticiser I use is good for a full bag of cement, the sand amount varies according to the mix i want and the water amount i add to the mixer varies according to how wet the sand is. Sand is wet by the rain and the rain doesnt contain plasticiser, so sometimes you can end up putting virtually no water in at all - in that case premixing the plasticiser with waater wouldnt help because you wouldnt be adding any of the water to the mix! Hence why I say plasticiser is related to the amount of solid materials rolling around the mixer, not the amount of water that will be added

For 20 bricks just go and buy a bag of ready mixed sand and cement, add clean water and lay the bricks - no plasticiser or additives needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back