Optima 2 plus alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Optima 2 plus alarm system is stuck showing a Tamper zone number and will not clear when the system code is entered and the "reset button" is pressed.

Does this mean one or more of the batteries is dead and if so how can I establish which which one.

Lastly is this a DIY job and can I replace the battery/ batteries myself .

Any help in correcting this problem would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks sparkymarka

The sensor in question seems to be functioning ok ( it flashes red when it senses someone) and the system has now decided not to accept the entry code - in other words I key in the code but there is no exit tone.

Can you suggest how I can :

a) reset the tamper and
b) getting an exit tone ( I am using the correct code)

Thanks in advance

Alan

if its a 2plus it will be the tamper for that zone, open panel link out the tamper for the zone, replace lid and press reset. it should clear then check the wiring for that zone...

Sponsored Links
Dear Sparkymarka

You are brilliant - the sensor cover ( which tied up with the tamper zone number ) was loose and now that I've secured it and pressed reset the zone number is no longer showing on the control panel.

However whilst the control panel power button is Red and the Day light green there is still a problem in that when the exit code is put in and the continuous exit tone beeping occurs it does not stop when the exit door is closed.It seems that the system will not arm itself.

Do I need to set the exit time - and if so how ? or is there another fault on the system preventing the system from arming itself ?

Your further help would be much appreciated.

Regards Alan

put in code, keep still, what zone lights are lit ? and have you replaced the battery in the control panel in the last 5 years ? look at large resistor under keypad if its black/burnt time for a new control panel....

Hi Sparkymarka

Opened front door - put in code - "day" green light goes out and exit tone bleeps continuously - "power" light stays lit red - Is that what should happen to the lights?

Also the battery in the main control box has not been changed in the last 5 years - could that be the cause of the continuous exit beeping and failure to arm the alarm?

I'll check the resistor - assuming the resisitor is OK could it be the battery that's causing the continuous exit bleep problem.

Regards and thanks again

Alan

Hi Sparkymarka

No - no zone lights are lit whilst the tone is beeping continuously after the entry code has been keyed in and the beeping only stops when I key in the code again.

Hope that helps

Thanks again
Alan

I'm having a similar problem. I accidently pressed the button underneath the key-pad and set off the alarm. I entered my code and "Reset" and thankfully stopped the noise. Now though, I have a flashing "A" that I don't know how to get rid of. The advice on here is to, remove the front panel and "Link out" the tamper for the zone. Could someone explain exactly how to "Link out" please. Also, am I doing this on the keypad or the main console? Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back