Optima 2 Plus Pannel Trouble After Pir Change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have recently have had some building work done and the mains electric had been off for a while.

So the batt. went dead in the control panel. I replaced it with a suitable one and it was fine, system worked ok, although the reason I suspected that the batt was dead is that the keypad had locked up and the power light was out on the keypad.

Anyway the system was now up and running. I needed to change 2 of the PIR's as they were damaged from the building work I had done. While changing these 2 PIR's, I cut the wires from one of them and the alarm started sounding, i.e. the tamper light came on, I entered my code and it stopped.

But the situation is now is that the tamper light will not go out and the keypad is not responding to anything. The power light is on but the day light is off. The strobe on the housing outside keeps going off aswell!

I have tried to unplug the main and the batt. But still no joy the tamper light is still there when I reconnect and just the power light and no day light.

When I do reconnect though the keypad starts beeping and have to enter my code to stop it. It then reverts back to the tamper light etc.

I have removed the fuse from the srobe/PIR's at the mo, just to stop it keep going off outside.

One other thing when I cut the wires to one of the PIR's to shorten it and the alarm started sounding, the fuse for the PIR's also blew in the control panel (1.6amp), which I replaced and is still not working correctly.

So basically I have:

1) Keypad which only the power light on and no day light

2) Keypad locked out, as when I push any buttons it does not respond

3) Keypad, which has the tamper light up and will not go out when I press reset as the pad is locked up

4) Strobe going off all the time in the box outside my house (when the fuse is put in)

Your help would be so much appreciated.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Check your panel fuses first, then link out the global tamper at the panel.

Give it a whirl and see what happens.

Check your panel fuses first, then link out the global tamper at the panel.

Give it a whirl and see what happens.

where is the global tamper then?

and do you just mean put a link across the terminal for this?

Sponsored Links
Yes just install a link. You will need to replace the panel lid too, as this will also have a tamper monitor on it.

The tamper terminals will be on the main PCB near the connections for the zones etc.

It is a global tamper because it monitors all the devices on the system, rather than an individual tamper circuit per zone.

Yes. The terminals that the tamper loop goes into. Just link it out so the panel thinks the tamper circuit is OK even if it isn't.

managed to sort it thanks guys:)

it was the tamper switch not being made in the PIR sensor. The cover which had the spring thing on it to press the tamper switch in the sensor was not making!

Now that i have adjusted it it now works.

thanks for the help

managed to sort it thanks guys:)

it was the tamper switch not being made in the PIR sensor. The cover which had the spring thing on it to press the tamper switch in the sensor was not making!

Now that i have adjusted it it now works.

thanks for the help

good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back