help no response at keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just changed a pir,the bellbox went off as i was replacing it,that stopped after 15mins,now i have no response on the keypad,the only light on is Tamper,also the keypad is still illuminated as usual,have i blown a fuse or something?

Terry
p.s not sure if the strobe was on when the bell went off,also i was in the engineers mode and remove the plus wire from the panel(zone 3)which i was changing the pir for

Sponsored Links
...and he must have disconnected the wrong wire. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Hi Saxondale,could you explain for me BOTH power feeds,as i explained i only disconnected the plus on the panel for zone 3.

many thanks Terry

Hi Saxondale,could you explain for me BOTH power feeds,as i explained i only disconnected the plus on the panel for zone 3.

many thanks Terry

no problem Terry

alarms have two "loops" one for the circuit - positive, and one for anti tamper - negative

it is possible to blow fuses by catching the negative feed and the positive circuit wires or vice versa (doesn`t happen often but sometimes even I do it when testing stuff LOL)

problems usually come when you have to decide do I dis. both feeds (and maybe loose the keypad), power it all down ( and maybe it`ll crash on powering up) or do I do it live and take extra care (and maybe I`ll blow a fuse and all the above will become a problem)

just glad it`s the little stuff and not 240ac

Thanks Saxondale,much appreciated,got it all back to normal now,blew the strobe fuse,had to pick some up from Maplins,switched off mains ,disconnected internal battery for 5or 6 seconds,all ok,keyboard back to life.

Thanks again Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back