Unusual Accenta G4 Honeywell Fault- Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have had an Acenta G4 alarm fitted for 5 years. It has been fine until recently, however the keypad now appears to have failed.

There are PIRS sensors, a door sensor and an alarm box with LEDs/siren.

On the keypad, the 2 LED lights are not illuminated. The keypad does not work and there are no digits/text shown on the keypad LCD panel.

I have had a detailed look around the forum for answers to my question and tried all of the troubleshooting answers:-

1. I have changed the battery;

2. I have changed the alarm box fuses;

3. I have bought and installed a new keypad.

However, the keypad does not work.

The PIR sensors work and I have powered the alarm up properly. However it seems no power is reaching the keypad, however the tamper alarm sounds from the keypad when on.

Before the keypad was changed, the 2 LEDS would flicker on every 60 seconds and then go off. Is there some form of intermittent power fault or is this a sign the power cable is unstable?

There does not appear to be any lose wires from the alarm box it self.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Or what to explore next?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked voltage outputs?
You will need a multimeter to do this.
Common problems are that faulty batteries burn out the charging circuits and cause panel to be faulty.

Hi HM,

Thanks for your response.

Voltage outputs on the keypad power wires?

If they are low, is it a new alarm panel that is needed?

Sponsored Links
Bought a volt meter today. It will be mid week. Will test it then and post.

Thanks for the suggestion today HM.

Will let you know re readings.

Thank you to Sparkymania and Handymanjo for their suggestions.

I bought a multimeter and carried out a continuity test on each of the 6 wires between the keypay and the alarm box.

Turns out the black wire has no power.

I have got around this by using the blue wire (Speaker) wire as the black wire and rererouting it. As the wires are plastered in the wall.

So the alarm keypad now powers up.

There is however another problem but will create a new thread about that.

Thanks again all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back