Keypad to Alarm Panel- Wiring Accenta G4 Honeywell 6 core wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I recently posted about a power fault to the keypad. After a couple of weeks figured the black wire was not working between the keypad and the alarm panel.

That thread can be found here......

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/unusual-accenta-g4-honeywell-fault-keypad.555738/

I have changed the battery.

CURRENT PROBLEM

The cable that runs between the keypad and the alarm panel is 6 core. All 6 cores appear to be used. The cable is plastered into the wall.

The black wire does not have continuity so the keypad does not work. I ran a separate cable between the alarm panel and the keypad and it now works to power up. However the cable is unsightly.

• As a work around I wondered if I could use the blue core wire as the black negative?
  • Doing this means the speaker in the keypad does not work. I am not too bothered about that.
  • So I have done this and run the blue core as the black core.
  • On powering up the alarm the siren goes off.
  • The keypad takes the previous disarm code and says unset.
  • However the siren does not stop.
To confirm, I have put the keypad and alarm panel boxes back together so no triggers are being set off.

Can anyone suggest how to stop the siren in accordance with unsetting the alarm? Or why the alarm is now unset yet the siren continues.

Thank you in advance of your help.

Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
if you have 5 cores that work, you maybe able to have full functionality.

In that you can manipulate the tamper by using a wire in the keypad.

If I had one in the office I would have done a quick test to confirm.

See many Accentas with the keypad tamper not even used.

The siren, you saying the external bell is still ringing, yet the system is unset?

Photo's of keypad, bell and panel wiring for them could be useful.

Last edited:
I would guess you would use 0v linked at the keypad to one side of the tamper switch and a single 0v return at the C/P

Sponsored Links
if you have 5 cores that work, you maybe able to have full functionality.

In that you can manipulate the tamper by using a wire in the keypad.

If I had one in the office I would have done a quick test to confirm.

See many Accentas with the keypad tamper not even used.

The siren, you saying the external bell is still ringing, yet the system is unset?

Photo's of keypad, bell and panel wiring for them could be useful.

Hi Secureiam,

Thank you for this. Is there any chance you could please dumb it down for me? Re the manipulation of the wire in the keypad.

Yes the siren was still ringing even when unset.

I would guess you would use 0v linked at the keypad to one side of the tamper switch and a single 0v return at the C/P

Thanks Sparky.

Sorry, would you also mind dumbing it down a little for me please re the 0v and what to do with the keypad! Cheers.

Probably something like the image.

Attachments

• accenta.png
    accenta.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 236
I would have to test to be 100% confident.

First thing to try is link out the tamper at the panel for the keypad and wire the other terminals as normal and see how they keypad behaves.

Not 100% convinced we know the full picture.

I would have to test to be 100% confident to be fair.
Then the keypad has to get 0V to the panel (assuming that's the healthy condition), the question is which terminal does it have to reach.

You probably dont need the 0V at the panel end linked in just the wire coming back from the keypad to the correct tamper terminal for it register to be secure.

First thing to try is link out the tamper at the panel end for the keypad and wire the other terminals as normal and see how the keypad behaves.

if the keypad functions fine but no tamper we can move on to the next step.

Not 100% convinced we know the full picture.

Attachments

• accenta 2.png
    accenta 2.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 623

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back