Honeywell Accenta G4 Mini panel with LCD keypad

MJE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On completion of installation and initial power up the LCD keypad has no display or keypad backlight (I'm assuming the keys have a backlight?) There is power to the keypad, 13.4v. The alarms (keypad sounder, extension speaker and outside siren) sound, presumably due to the tamper switch on the main panel not being made as the cover is off. I have tested the cable to the keypad for continuity and all is fine. All circuits appear to be correct, continuity on all alarm and tamper circuits. I have read that the battery may have a bearing on this so left the battery charging all night (now tests at 12.9v). Disconnected all power this morning and left for 10 mins, reconnected and same fault. Have carried out factory reset to default. Everything is new but due to length of time of installation is now 12 months old. I'm now stuck, guessing I have a faulty keypad? Anybody able to shed any light on this, any pointers for testing to prove the keypad is ok or faulty?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back