optima compact 6 zone

J

jeepster

hi all

our house has an optima compact with 6 zones.
it works ok, but i would like to update it with a newer model.

how can i disable it so that it can be removed.

if i enter the code and remove the battery and the fuse that links it to the mains will the box on the wall outside still go off.

physically it looks the same model as the 8 zone models.
does anyone have a manual for th e6 zone models.

cheers

Sponsored Links
It should do otherwise the bell box battery needs replacing as well. Best thing to do is disable the battery at the siren e.g remove the wire from the terminal. Bell should ring when you open cover if not more problems. Then power down panel main and battery , remove panel , fix new panel test and then re connect bell battery.

hi, thanks for the reply.

if i disconnect the mains supply to the alarm, and remove the box cover i guess the alarm will sound. i can then remove the battery or should i enter the alarm code so i can change the box.

i am mainly worried about the outside box sounding.

i have downloaded the 8 zone alarm handbook but it doesnt mention how to disable for maintenance purposes.

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the bell first as soon as you remove the bell cover the bell should activate. Then disconnect the intrernal battery. You can then disconnect the mains and battery. MAy be worth changing the external siren at the same time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back