Optimistic

O

oompah

G Brown is urging us to be opitimistic during these difficult times,well I am the weather forecast is for snow, I'm optimistic it will reach us in the south west so i can go sledging before the world warms up and we won't see the like of it again.Any one else for optimism?

Sponsored Links
I'm optimistic that Gordon Brown will be out of his job in the not too distant future. However I don't have much optimism that his successor will be any better.

now is not a good time to be a politician.

any incoming p.m. will be faced with financial catastrophe.

If all the bickering between political parties were to stop once a government had been elected perhaps someone might be allowed to get on with the job in hand with support from the electorate rather than opposition generated by the PR gurus?

Sponsored Links
now is not a good time to be a politician.

any incoming p.m. will be faced with financial catastrophe.

any new pm will surely bring a chance of new confidence, which is what much of the economy needs now and can often be the catalyst to get things moving. Same way in which a lack of confidence can easily drag things down (thanks very much bbc)

Draconian measures needed to be taken over our financial institutions, to force the wheels to turn (make them lend money)!
The general public don't seem as worried about being bankrupt as the banks themselves are??
Funny how everyone blames Gordon Brown by himself as creating these set of circumstances. When it is in fact global greed crossing most borders that have taken part in it.
Imagine a hospital with all the patients on ONE ward, then a contagious disease is brought in?? No, this would never happen as there are many wards.
What I am saying is with international trading being too involved, when one "man" gets "sick" we all go down with the same illness (greed, being the "illness" that caused it)
Problem is UK is just a trading state now. We don't have raw resources to live off and sell on (metals, oil, gas,agriculture)

If all the bickering between political parties were to stop once a government had been elected perhaps someone might be allowed to get on with the job in hand with support from the electorate rather than opposition generated by the PR gurus?
The weakest point of any democracy is that it is just a glorified popularity contest. This simple fact makes certain that the government of the day will always place more emphasis on short term 'solutions' than it will on the long term needs of the country.

any new pm will surely bring a chance of new confidence, which is what much of the economy needs now and can often be the catalyst to get things moving. Same way in which a lack of confidence can easily drag things down (thanks very much bbc)
Any 'newbie' would just be farting in the wind whatever they promise... ;)

Exactly, as Thermo said. The BBC have tried DESPARATELY to drag the economy down with auto-suggestion (if it said enough, the people with act-out the prediction).
News is reporting on an event that took place.
BBC are areholes. Impartial broadcasting my arse. Their news reports are so skewed in whatever secret motives they have?? :evil:

Ok lets give a few examples of how much they err on the side of doom and gloom then. WE have the radio on at work and over the past week there have been several good news stories on the economy.

example 1 1000 jobs to go on london underground and 400 at eon, was the lead story. 2 stories down came 8000 jobs being created by subway. Which is more of a turn up for the books at the moment? would it not have been more balanced to run the 2 together?

this week there have been several good news stories for the economy but all have had fleeting mention way down the listings
eg

new mortgages taken out have increased last month

asda creating more jobs

sky creating more jobs

high street sales for december being higher than anticipated.

if people lose confidence then it helps a recession to gather pace. I dont think they are helping

To be fair its not just the bbc, channel hopping the other night and came across bloomberg,wo is me ,thrice wo on there.Sky were also doing a report from Eire about how Guiness have mothballed a move to a new factory because of the worsening crisis.Reasons to be cheerful, yep just booked a holiday to Egypt in July.

To be fair its not just the bbc, channel hopping the other night and came across bloomberg,wo is me ,thrice wo on there.Sky were also doing a report from Eire about how Guiness have mothballed a move to a new factory because of the worsening crisis.Reasons to be cheerful, yep just booked a holiday to Egypt in July.

Holiday to Egypt in July.
Thats the way to go, bo**ocks to all this doom and gloom. My brother spent the last 10 grand of his money on a quack doctor to cure him of cancer!
It didn't work....he should have died three in a bed in Thailand if you ask me?
Live now. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back