Options for new UPVC door going into saw-cut hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to replace the back door in our bungalow; we're losing an old leaky/tatty lean-to which will expose the back door to the elements. Although the existing back door is UPVC, it's very old and tired and needs replacing.

The back door obviously didn't exist in the original build of our bungalow as the hole for it has been saw-cut. And it's been cut badly! The cuts aren't perfectly straight and you can see in a few places where the cut has gone off level and been corrected. It looks really naff!

I guess the ideal way to solve this would be to get a builder in to come and remove the bricks and tooth it in properly - but ultimately we plan to build a utility room on the back and hence this will eventually be over plastered anyway so won't be on show.

In the short term - I have a second hand door - what options do I have to tidy up the brickwork? Are there any cloaking profiles etc designed for this?

Thanks
Leccy.

Sponsored Links
You can get 90 degree angled pc trims. 20x20mm, 45x45mm and I think 60x90mm that is 3mm thick

You can get 90 degree angled pc trims. 20x20mm, 45x45mm and I think 60x90mm that is 3mm thick

Thanks, do you know where from? This is the sort of thing I had in mind, but I've only been able to find very thin (less than 1mm) in the local sheds, which will look rubbish. These 3mm ones you mention sound better.

Thanks
Leccy

What size do you need and how much of it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. Belboz - looking for the 45mm x 45mm and just enough to go round all 4 edges of a door.

Thanks,
Leccy.

Thanks all. Belboz - looking for the 45mm x 45mm and just enough to go round all 4 edges of a door.

Thanks,
Leccy.

The place I was thinking of has a minimum order and that wouldn't get anywhere near it so wouldn't be cost-effective.

Hence my asking.

Sorry I can't help further.

B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back