Orange live wires in my new Zanussi oven?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand from reading some of the posts on these goodly forums that appliance wiring colours were standardised some time ago. But I didn't expect to see orange , mauve & yellow/green when I came to wire in my new from B&Q Zanussi oven.
The ceramic hob was fine, with clear instructions, so I used my existing cable from the cooker switch.
But the oven instructions don't offer any info on connection positions.
Can I assume that the two orange in the that join as one in on the oven connector are live,and the mauve is neg ?
I will be going back to B&Q this eve, to see if better instructions should have come with the unit. But I dont hold out much hope tbh.

Thanx in advance for any help peeps.

Pete.
:D

OK folks !!

I found the 'L' & 'N' marks tonight.
Moulded vaguely on the black plastic of the terminal block on the back of the oven.
I must have been a bit dopey last night, but I did have to tip the oven right over onto it's glass front just now before I saw the letters in the glossy surface of the plastic.
I was reluctant to do it if I didn't have to. but I put a piece of the original polystyrene down to rest it on before tipping it over.

Er, thanks for my own help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back