Orangery / Conservatory builders in Portsmouth / Fareham

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to start getting quotes for an orangery and I have seen an advert for a company called Crofton Home Improvement Centre (looks previoulsy to have been Crofton Conservatory Centre Ltd). Their website says they have been in business 30 years, but I can find no reference to them from customers on the internet - no reviews, pictures nothing. Seems odd for a company who have been building conservatories for 30 years!

So, I think I will steer clear. But, does anyone else have any experience of conservatory or orangery builders in the Portsmouth / Fareham area? I need to incorporate an outside toilet so I don't think it will be a simple as getting a window company to knock up a conservatory against the back of the house.

Sponsored Links
Hi nikkilou

Is this the company based in stubbington? If so the dad of a friend of mine used them very recently. To cut a long story short there seemed to be an issue with the size of the orangery built and it wasn't done to plan. Unfortunately as the company structured it that the builders were a separate contract (and paid in cash) there seems to be little chance of any money back.

If ive got the wrong company then apologies. IM just going through a building project (see my other posts / diary on here). Had a nightmare with the first builders but the second set I got have been fairly good. If you want their details then let me know.

Thanks
Greg

Greg - yes that's the one. I have decided against even getting a quote from them. Something is just screaming 'steer clear' of this company!

Sponsored Links
nikkilou - there are loads of companies out there so no point taking a chance on one which sounds a bit iffy. good luck with whoever you go for. Orangerys are lush - wish I had done one now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back