Ordering from Howdens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A family friend who is a carpenter has been helping me fit a new Wren kitchen. I want to purchase some worktops from Howdens and he has a trade account.

Can I just go into Howdens and place the order with his details (Name/postcode) to be delivered to my address? He would rather me pay them directly instead of going through his accounts.

Cheers (y)

Sponsored Links
Yes 100%. As long as you have his details for his account and you pay with cash or card there and then. Howdens have a very well structured branch sales incentive scheme/bonus system. Every penny of revenue for that branch is one step closer to their monthly target so they will be delighted to sell you anything.

Get your friend before hand to ensure he has decent terms on his account for the item you are buying.

Sponsored Links
Howdens gave me a very nice Milwaukee M12 impact driver for opening a trade account that I never wanted or needed. Their rep was just driving past when I was doing my driveway.

I know people that get absurdly high "discounts" from Howdens. I suspect that being "trade only" they are not subject to regular consumer laws that prevent you from artificially inflating prices before then offering "discounts".
Howdens gave me a very nice Milwaukee M12 impact driver for opening a trade account that I never wanted or needed. Their rep was just driving past when I was doing my driveway.

Wow, I just got a small pencil and note pad from their rep who just happened to be passing the house that I was painting.

Back