Orignal Architraves Profile Doesn't Match

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, all the architraves in our hallway have had water based gloss just painted over gloss, which is peeling, revealing many layers of paint underneath, I tried to burn off the paint, but it takes ages, and also where pieces have been replaced or added, they don't match, so I would to replace them.

The problem is that I can't find what the profile is called, or where to get it.

I have tried B&Q and local timber yards, but they only have standard ogee. One of them did have a sample mdf one stuck to a board that was similar, but it was very old and dirty, but they didn't own any or know what it was. I replaced all of the dining room architraves and skirting with the ogee, but I still prefer the original, and things like this annoy me if I can't get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find it is a variation of the Northern Ogee profile. Have a look at this guide you will see there is two variations of the Ogee profile one being northern and a second being southern.

If you can’t get hold of the profile then I will be happy to give a quotation to machine some for you.

I tried to find some of very similar architrave a couple of years ago for some work we did in St Albans, couldn't find it anywhere, even on the internet had to get some machined up too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back