Skirting and Architrave Profiles

GJS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into a house built in 1994. All the skirtings and architraves are taurus profile. They're a bit of a mess and I tend to think they are not the originals - tons of filler down the back, joints a mess etc

I'm considering changing them all and wondering if I should replace them with a chamfered profile as I image this is what was fitted originally? If so, can I do taurus architrave and chamfered skirting or will that look odd? I used to live in a 1990 flat but can't remember what that had.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What makes you think that they have been changed, seems a short time .
Personally I would go for either type but not mix them as it would look odd!

A lot of things have been messed about with in this house, walls moved etc. so this is why I think the skirtings at least have been changed. Lots of in line joints and caulk squirted down the backs - literally. I can't believe the original builder would have got away with leaving them like this, nor that any carpenter would actually do them so badly - even I can do better! There's also a little bit of chamfered profile by the back door which looks original.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back