OSMO Polyx oil vs wood wax plus methods and machinery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We are renovating a victorian semi and have decided we would like to finish the floorboards for much of the ground floor. After much research (and plenty from posts on here) I have decided that the way forward seems to be to use one of the OSMO products.

I thinkwe will be wanting to add something with a colour or tint, probably to bring it down to a walnutty type colour throughout.

Where I get confused is whether I am better going for the HWO or the wood wax. I am not clear on what the practical differences between the 2 are - aside from the fact one has 'better' colours, and the wax seems to need a coat of clear oil over the top.

Any opinions on this? what are the key differences? are there differences in maintenance and aftercare?

Also, I have read much about hiring sanders and buffers and the like, but am uncertain exactly what it is I need to hire. I appreciate we could do it by hand, but it will be a reasonable amount of floor so am willing to pay to hire the right machinery.

Finally, what sanding and application process should I be using, and what aftercare is needed?

Thanks in advance!

DM

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back