Oso Unvented Hotwater Cylinder

The only lever i can see Dan has 'IntaBall' written on it and it is coming off one of the pipes right near the bottom...

Sponsored Links
That sounds like service valve.

Still try the other things I mentioned.

Once the tank is up to temperature, you have that volume of water to use. It has to be going somewhere.

If that doesn't work then you will need to get someone in... A contact thermometer would really help to see whether the tank is actually reaching 60 degrees.

Once the tank is up to temperature, you have that volume of water to use. It has to be going somewhere.

If that doesn't work then you will need to get someone in... A contact thermometer would really help to see whether the tank is actually reaching 60 degrees.

And if all that fails , have your secondary pump checked out. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
I think i may well have to admit defeat and get someone in to just have a look over it. Your advice has been absolutely top drawer and I really appreciate the time you have spent trying to help, particularly when i have to ask you what most are the things are that i am supposed to be seeing!! You are a credit to these forums.

Shame im not in Hertfordshire, I would have quite happily paid you to come and have a look at it for me! I do have a few friends there and please be assured that i will be mentioning you to them, should they need a heating engineer anytime soon.

Thanks again Dan and i will give you a shout next week with the outcome.....

I will get the engineer to have a look at my Secondary Pump too, thanks Jamestaylor!

grandweb_018.jpg

That yellow thing is a secondary return pump. I doubt a house that uses a 125 litre cylinder would bother with one.

grand3.jpg

The silver box is a zone valve.

According to those pictures, I don't have a secondary pump and I do have a zone valve. But i cannot see a lever under the zone valve's black wire?

And if all that fails , have your secondary pump checked out. :cool: :cool: :cool:

For some one who apparently has some knowledge of heating systems i would be amazed if some would fit a secondary return on a 125 lt tank. These tanks don't have a purpose fitted secondary returns until you reach tanks of at least 200 lts. Next time perhaps you could explain what a seconary return pump is as most houses do not have these unless they have at least 2 ensuites or massive runs. You nearly rank along with BB.

that s little hovel has 140 acres of land and some of the best fishing in cheatham county

so yeah i will stay here

From your window, ;) you been listening to Moz for too long ``Marrah`` ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back